Quality Boot Camp Overview
This 1-day Boot Camp focuses on CMS claims-based quality measures for accurate cohort identification and risk adjustment. The scope of measures includes those relevant to many value-based care initiatives including Hospital Value-Based Purchasing Program (HVBP), Hospital Readmission Reduction Program (HRRP), and Hospital-Acquired Condition Reduction Program (HACRP). With an emphasis on high yield content, attendees will benefit from a review of selected measures for a clear understanding of how documentation and code assignment impact the selection of discharges included in these measures including how selected discharges are risk-adjusted which are often overlooked but essential to performance.
The training is conducted by an Enjoin physician and senior CDI Consultant and is complemented by Enjoin’s web-based resource CDocT, includes live interactive sessions and Q&A.
- Understand common documentation and coding vulnerabilities related to CMS claims-based quality measures (HVBP, HRRP, HACRP)
- Understand the concept of risk adjustment as it relates to CMS claims-based measures
- Utilize CDocT as a reference library and educational tool
- Utilize CDocT during chart reviews with the objective of cohort and risk adjustment accuracy
What is CDocT?
CDocT is a web-based resource that meets the needs of the evolving CDI community. Developed by an expert multidisciplinary team of physicians, CDS and Coders, CDocT is relevant, easy to use and provides each user with the information needed to optimize performance and impact. Insights are derived from personal experience as practicing physicians, clinical research, and other reputable sources. The Quality module of CDocT is the focus for the Boot Camp.
What is included in the Quality Module?
The following is included to support your CDI program’s goal of capturing accurate risk adjustment associated with claims-based quality outcomes.
- Patient Safety Indicator 90 (PSI 90) and Readmission/Mortality/Complications
- CDI Checklists to support your record review activities for all measures and cohorts to promote accurate cohort and risk adjustment capture.
- Risk adjustment weight graphs to help the CDI Team prioritize query opportunities for comorbidities with the biggest impact on risk adjustment.
- High leverage key condition matrices to support data-driven initiatives to promote and support documentation capture across the continuum.
- Case studies quickly identify knowledge gaps and advancement of knowledge transfer
- Measures specifications
Which audience will most benefit from the Boot Camp?
The Boot Camp is designed to support team members in your organization who are involved in quality measure efforts such as Coders, CDS, Physician Advisors, Quality auditors and Case Managers.
What materials are included in the Boot Camp?
All attendees receive the following:
- 1-year annual subscription to CDocT Quality Module (continuation after 1-year requires a Subscription Agreement)
- Pre-Boot Camp Introductory Overview
- Enjoin Padfolio, Pen, Notecards
Are Continuing Education Units offered?
This program has been approved for 6.00 continuing education unit(s) for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA). A certificate of completion is also provided. Note: Granting prior approval from AHIMA does not constitute endorsement of the program content or its program sponsor.
Why the Enjoin Quality Boot Camp?
- Physician-led workshop
- Includes extensive evidence-based clinical references developed by multispecialty board-certified Enjoin physicians
- Emphasis on high yield content related to the vitalness of complete and accurate documentation to drive risk adjustment
- Most resources are in a book or pocket guide with delay in updates. CDocT supports immediate and ongoing content updates as regulations change.
What if I need to cancel my registration?
The Boot Camp registration fee is non-refundable. Confirmed registrations can be transferred to another approved team member or saved for a future Boot Camp. For additional information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.